Google Analytics is Google’s tool that allows website managers to analyze their audience and site performance. Regarding the development of a business, it is imperative to collect data for its audience. To achieve this, you must first have a notion of the tool Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a Google tool that allows website […]
Google Analytics is Google’s tool that allows website managers to analyze their audience and site performance.
Regarding the development of a business, it is imperative to collect data for its audience. To achieve this, you must first have a notion of the tool Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a Google tool that allows website managers to analyze their audience and site performance. Google Analytics does not only analyze its audience, but it also provides information on its visitors. For example, the number of visitors, where they come from, their profile, their activities on the site, etc.
Benefits from Google Analytics
Regarding this tool, its use is effortless and offers many advantages in the management of a website.
- First, it is advantageous because it provides a detailed analysis of its visitors: With Google Analytics, it is possible to know a good amount of information about visitors. For example, it provides information such as visitors’ location (i.e. where they come from); their languages used; the type of device used to browse and the browser itself, the age and sex of visitors, whether it is a new or old visitor, etc.
- It gives a traffic analysis: Google Analytics also helps to better understand site traffic and know which are the most important. This allows the manager to know if visitors have searched by typing the address directly in the search bar. Or if it’s due to SEO that they found the site. Thanks to this tool, the manager knows which social networks the visitors come from. It provides information on whether the site link is found in the content of other sites.
- Finally, it manages the evolution of the site’s performance: It indicates the performance of the site through:
– The bounce rate: if a web page has a high bounce rate, it means that the page has a problem or is not well optimized;
– Duration on the site: the number of time visitors spends on a page or the site;
– The conversion rate: this is the number of visitors who act on the site;
– Site speed: that is, at what speed the pages of the site open.
Of course, Google Analytics has many advantages, but it does have some drawbacks.
- Confidentiality: Having a low level of security is a disadvantage for visitors. It can transmit the personal data of visitors. It accesses the data of its visitors and uses it for commercial purposes.
- Unreliable results: Any information obtained from Google Analytics is generally not reliable or one hundred percent certain.
- Data reduction: Google Analytics saves its band in its free version. In this release, it calculates metrics and dimensions from applying a subset of data.
- Why use the Google Analytics tool
Google Analytics answers questions about the effectiveness of SEO, campaigns and keywords. This summarizes the keywords that generate the most traffic, what value they produce, etc.
- The tool provides important information to the site administrator.
- The administrator will know his audience because he has access to all the information about his new prospects.
- It helps to gain more traffic.
- Google Analytics monitors the performance of website content.
- This tool gives the number of converted visitors.
- It allows us to know what a web-marketing strategy has been adopted on the site.
How to use Google Analytics
To collect data from a site, it is necessary to have an account. Here are some steps to create a Google Analytics account:
- Go to the official website of Google Analytics.
- Sign in to a Google Analytics account. If you do not yet have an account, please create one by clicking on To start.
- Then click on Administration. Select an account from the account’s menu.
- Set up the account and create a property.
- Then select a website and add the site name.
(If you are creating an account from a mobile, here, instead of choosing a website, select a Mobile application instead. In the tracking method, click on Firebase. Then choose an application in the menu and at the end, click on Associate an application)
- Enter the URL of the website and define an industry category.
- Set the time zone, which will help as a benchmark for reports.
- To finish, click on Tracking Information and enter the code for data collection.
Consequently, thanks to Google Analytics, it will be easier to improve the site’s marketing strategy and know if the site’s content has interested visitors.
Contact us for advice on the use and functionality of the Google Analytics tool.