Google search console lets you view Google search traffic data for your site, discover sites that reference your site, and troubleshoot AMP content and other search features.
A question often comes to some site managers’ minds: Why does the website not appear in the search results? Let me introduce you to the tool Google Search Console.
Google Search Console (GSC) is a Google service for webmasters (administrator of a website) to check if Google indexes the site and to be able to improve its natural referencing. The service manages the interface between websites and search engines. Thus, all the information on the platform gives a fairly clear idea to the webmaster to know the site’s evolution.
Benefits of Google Search Console
Although the service is criticized, it has more benefits than criticism.
- An error correction process: With this service, it is possible to detect recurring errors instead of deleting those errors marked as resolved.
- Contains more data: In the platform, the amount of data available is pervasive. It is beneficial for anyone who does a performance analysis very regularly. Besides, it allows trends to be followed, as well as long-term results.
- URL inspection: A check on URLs grants direct checking of the indexing status of any URL. It provides information on the status of the genuine pages. Even though indexing is not fast, all the same, it increases the possibility of accessing hard-to-reach areas. At this point, it will report if the robots.txt file has blocked certain URLs.
- Site condition monitoring: Besides, Google Search Console is advantageous because it can detect problems. A notification appears at the top of the header bar if any important event affects the site.
- Understand the use of Google to improve your online presence: It allows making changes to the site by optimizing the ranking of results on search engines. To illustrate, in the tab operating statistics, it is likely to have its server’s performance.
It is quite true that the Google Search Console service has many advantages, but it also has some negative points. These disadvantages are:
- Functions< support> do not work: In the new version of Google Search Console, some features do not work. For example, indexing queries are very slow.
- Lack of balance in functionality: Daily uses may be no longer available. Besides, it can’t create a set of properties or delete existing sitemaps.
The usefulness of Google Search Console
- The service analyzes the performance of the site;
- It is a tool that gives a clear study of the URL;
- It provides a report on the indexing of the site;
- Also, it gives notification on mobile ergonomics;
- Besides, GSC performs manual actions. It allows you to be informed about any penalties sent by Google.
How to set up Google Search Console in a few steps
- To start, make sure you are logged into a Google account (use the Google account that will be associated with the site)
- Then go to the site< Google Search Console> then click on< Start now>
- If this is the first site created in GSC, a welcome message will appear, then click on< Start>. Otherwise, go to the menu that unfolds and clicks on< + Add a property>
- To continue, in property, choose Domain, then enter the URL address of the site correctly and click on< Continue>
- Now check the site. Copy DNS TXT record and add to domain name provider to verify ownership.
In this article, it’s obvious how Google Search Console can help improve a site’s SEO. The establishment of the site is essential regardless of the size of the site. It must be recognized that it is not all about installing it. It is the constant use that will push to discover other advantages. To find out more about using this tool or ask for advice, contact us.